1980 lineup changes.

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 23 19:13:06 EST 1995

> > > HAWKWIND palyed WAITING FOR NATI only at one gig, FOLKESTONE, 12.JULY.1980
> >
> Well in Hawkfan 6 ,he definately left after the Hanley gig,but Blake played Nati
> and Lighthouse at the Lyseum July gig that I went too,cant remember which one it
> was though.

This agrees with info I received ages ago from a guy I was writing to
about tapes.   He mentioned that London Lyceum contained "Nati" -
however the tape he sent me - 13 July 1980 - does not have that track on
it so I can only assume that it must be the other date - which I don't
have.

> > Sorry, this can't be right. I'm prepared to concede that my tape with
> > "Nati" and Lighthouse" may not be Guildford but I also have Folkestone
> > with those tracks and it's not that either.

My Guildford tape gets as far as Brainstorm and then is cut.   It
continues with Silver Machine and Master of the Universe.   Maybe
Guildford is one of those much maligned and doctored tapes possibly
because it's not very good quality - Brainstorm sounds like
it's beginning to slur quite badly in parts.

The Silver Machine track starts with ?Brock telling the audience they
will have to join in all the words.    Master of the Universe is very,
very fast with loads of Langton's guitar over the top.  Terrific!
There's a break towards the finale of this track where Brock asks "do
you want to hear some more of it?"

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk