BOC: Kerrang Biog (a la Zappa)

BRIAN THOMAS HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Mon Nov 27 09:56:28 EST 1995

>> I know we've been down this road before, but I still like ETL the best
>> of the live albums. And as much as we felt Al's presence missing from
>> the band, I think Downey did an outstanding job during his stay with
>> BOC. I've always had a soft spot for drummers who look as if they are
>> taking out frustrations on their drum kit, and Downey certainly didn't
>> hold back like some studio drummer just punching a timeclock and
>> merely "doing his job"! Much like another of my heavy hitting skin
>> bashing favorites, Cozy Powell, Downey is a fantastic, powerful, and
>> thoroughly entertaining drummer.
>>

>> Oh yeah, hey Dr. Bob, notice I never said "IMHO" or "Don't flame me
>> please"? Torgo has taken your advice, like everyone, IMHO, should.
>> ooops Damn! I blew it! :^{> <-- Torgo (with evil "Spock" goatee!)

>Torgo,
>I had the pleasure of seeing Jeff Beck this summer, and you should
>definitely catch his drummer, Terry Bozio.  His drums must have
>titanium shells, and heads too.  I've never seen anyone hammer the
>hides like this guy.  Huge mountain of gear, a la Carl Palmer.  Must
>see stuff, for sure.
>theo

Yeah, Bozio is an accomplished drummer.  You can check out his work on
Zappa's _Sheik Yerbouti_ where he also handles lead vocals on a few cuts.
He's hillarius (and a little annoying) on "I'm So Cute".  Also King Crimson's
Adrian Belew handles rhythm guitar and sings on "Jones Crusher".

Has anyone heard KC's new "Live in Argentina" CD?  Is it as good or better
than THRAK?  I recently asked for it for Christmas.

Brian
<Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu>