BOC:Kerrang Biog (At last)

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 27 15:48:22 EST 1995

> > Sadly, he's [Eric B.] been playing junk
> > guitars the last few times I saw him, but that hasn't been in the
> > last 3 years.  Allen has usually played Les Pauls.
>
>         I'm pretty sure I've most recently seen both Allen and Eric with
> ESP guitars.  I've never played one myself, but surely they can't be
> totally crap?
>         Now what is frightening is Buck's amp etc. ... it's like the
> bleeding space shuttle up there, all flashing lights and rows of
> switches.  Too complex for me!  (Not to mention too expensive!).
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Carl,
As I said, I haven't seen the BOC in a few years.  ESP's are indeed
good guitars, though I'm a snob for domestic gear myself.  So, this
means I haven't seen Buck's amp set-up either.  In the early days, he
used Marshalls, along with EB, who also used Hi-Watts for awhile.
Later, Buck used my personal fave, Mesa Boogie for quite a long time.
 Honestly, I can't remember what he used the last time I saw BOC, but
I've a feeling it was still Mesa.  Come to think of it, I think he
was using ENGLs which are very high tech (and expensive).
theo