HW: Live Oddities

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 28 08:33:08 EST 1995

> The Goodwin book mentions a live video, _Night of the Hawks_ (26/11/84 at
> Gaumont Theater, Ipswich).  On this video is a song "Martian Disco Stomp,"
> right after "Uncle Sams on Mars".  Since men may hail from Mars, I'm
> intrigued by things from the home world.  I haven't gotten this video yet,
> so I don't know anything about this song.  Is it a jam from the previous
> song, a mislabeled song, or an oddity?  Also, the "stomp" can be taken at
> least 2 ways - a dance style or a bashing of disco.

IMO this is Hawkwind at their worst - certainly on audio tape it is
(in honesty I don't actually remember what the video looks like) but
the words are basically Nik (I think) chanting "You put it in at the
front - you sh**t it out at the rear".

I should point out that the ** means I can't decide whether
it's shoot or shit.    I don't suppose it matters overmuch.

cynically

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk