Imaginos on Stage

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Nov 28 09:17:11 EST 1995

> > Al a thought occurred to me over the weekend while listening to Imaginos;
> > this would make an awesome stage production.
>
>         Good heavans!  Are we talking "Imaginos: the Rock Opera" or what
> are we talking about?  I think such a thing would have to produced in a
> spectacularly flashy manner, since the punters won't have a _clue_ whats
> going on (heck, the dedicated Imaginos scholars of the list scarcely do!)
> and are going to have to rely on a continual assualt on the senses of
> wickedly cool audio-visual stimuli.
>         Which would be pretty neat, if largely impractical :}
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

I don't know if folks in places other than the northeast (let alone
the UK) are bombarded by this kind of shit, but you can't turn on the
TV without an ad for some horrible musical being staged in Toronto.
The ubiquitous 'Phantom' can induce rage in yours truly at a moment's
notice.  "Buy Phantom by Phone!"  I used to love Toronto, but if this
trend continues, I think the next time I visit there, I'd like to be
at the controls of a B-1.
BTW, Carl, what's a 'punter?'
The thought of BOC being on the same par with this awful drivel makes
my blood run cold.  Here I go on the old 'Rock doesn't need, and
should never embrace, legitimization' thread again, but I can't
express the view strongly enough.  Save rock opera for the
'punters'and give us real rockers a good concert with plenty of
excess and depravity, smoke, alcohol, etc...
theo