BOC: Kerrang Biog

Tue Nov 28 09:55:23 EST 1995

Deb writes:

>...Meanwhile, howzabout the new full Beatles' single, huh?

I've found myself somewhat caught up in the current Beatle's craze --
more from a historical perspective I guess as I'm intrigued by their
influence on the music I grew up on (which was more mid to late 70's
stuff and early to mid 80's) -- also, as a bassplayer (wannabe), I'm
finding it very interesting how much of an influence Paul McCartney
had on rock bassplaying (from soft stuff all the to heavy metal).

The new single was rather interesting - I don't know that I think it is
a great song, but it was almost spooky how much it sounded like the
Beatles of the mid to late 60's.  And the whole idea of bringing back
old audio and video from many years gone by and being able with current
technology to work it into new material that works for the current
generation is something I find fascinating and very cool.

John