HW: Live Oddities

Martyn White white at BORG.MED.ECU.EDU
Tue Nov 28 10:08:14 EST 1995

>IMO this is Hawkwind at their worst - certainly on audio tape it is
>(in honesty I don't actually remember what the video looks like) but
>the words are basically Nik (I think) chanting "You put it in at the
>front - you sh**t it out at the rear".

        But taken in the context of the previous song "Uncle
Sams on Mars" (where Nik does strange things with the American
flag), I always thought it was a critique of US consumer-oriented
values

Martyn
PS I would recommend Night of the Hawks Vid to anyone who is not an
avid Nik-hater (you know who you are :-), and even then there is
a killer version of Psi Power with Dave on vocals