HW: Video quezzies

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Nov 28 11:45:01 EST 1995

>     Can anyone tell me what the earliest available video recording
>    of Hawkwind live is? Would it be the 84 stuff, or is there
>    something from an earlier date? I'd love to see one of the
>    early festival appearances.
>
>bye - Rob (who's tastes seem to differ from the majority on the list
>           quite a lot of the time)

I can tell you one recording that's NOT available:
Autumn '73 Hawkwind did a festival appearance in Gothenburg, Sweden. Swedish television filmed the whole set - 6 to 8 bands I think - and broadcasted parts of it in July '74.

Hawkwind was well cut down - only a 2 mins passage of Master of the Universe was there - but it was HEAVY (says those who has seen it)

Unfortunally Swedish Television erased all tapes from this event to spare shelves. Pity.

No, noone had invented the VCR at the time - no copies exists :0(

\\joe