Guitars & stuff

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 29 07:42:43 EST 1995

> I've got a video from the FOUO tour and in it Buck's main
> guitar is an Ibanez Destroyer.  The original ones sounded nice
> but then they went and started using a different kind of would
> that gave them a thinner sound.
>
> As for strat's... I love 'em.  The pre-CBS ones are choice.
> I had an '83 that wasn't any better than my "Sears-$79-for-a-guitar-
> and-amp-flat-top-plywood-LesPaul-copy".

Maybe on the video he's using an Ibanez, I haven't seen it.  But I
saw Buck live at least a dozen times with his Giuliano gtr.  In fact,
there's a credit for Giuli on the Mirrors album.  I once worked
security for a BOC concert, and got to hang with the gtr tech for a
while, and actually got to play Buck's gtrs.  They were certainly not
Ibanez.  He had a couple of Vulcans, as well as assorted SGs, Pauls,
etc.  This was when EB had some nice gtrs too.

The new Strats are pretty amazing too.  I just got a '94, 40th
anniversary model, and I love it.  Darn near perfect gtr, and I'm
comparing it to my 4 Hamers, which aren't exactly chopped liver
either.  I had a 70s model, with the bullet truss rod (actually not a
bad concept) which was awful.  Probably why it took me 20 years to
buy another Fender!
theo