Errata - Retraction - Just kidding

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Wed Nov 29 08:28:00 EST 1995

theo, you are right about Jeff Beck.  I meant to include him in my honorable
mention section, but it slipped my mind in my haste.

Martyn, state specific memory is a published effect (some debate) and I
believe that it has more subtle implications.  I do human factors work for
the US DOT and think emergency reaction training of pilots, etc. is hindered
by panic partly because of this.  Their training is done in a relaxed, more
alpha state environment (that is changing).  If they lose that during an
incident, I think that it compounds the other panic effects.   Can't
remember quickly what they know they should know which induces more panic.
 Also study martial arts and I believe that is one reason why a clear mind
is stressed. The movements are learned as an active form of meditation
(alpha state again).  Lose that in an incident, lose your knowledge of how
to react.  Unfortunately, we do applied stuff and not "research" so the type
of stuff I publish doesn't take this tangent.

John, I tend to follow AB's rules of concert decorum.  Just want me and
everybody to have a good time.  (Although, Rude Dude is a nickname of mine,
but it is just a permutation of my real name.)  I figured I was talking out
there enough that I wouldn't be taken seriously.  Geez, I even use Zip + 4
on my mail.

Carl, I've heard Gov. Mule on the ether box a few times and was impressed.
 Sounds like another band to concentrate on if Warren is a heavy slider.

Paul, I have to admit to a bias against jazz.  Since Jimi was heading that
way, I figure he lost lock on the nav aids.  I like music that stirs me.
 Most jazz bores the heck out of me.  I don't buy the idea that jazz is
inherently superior to that awful rock stuff.

To think that I don't need coffee to get myself in trouble.  My lunch time
workout usually gets the endorphins buzzing about my brain.

Rudy (who wouldn't know a Torgo if he came and bit me)