Errata - Retraction - Just kidding

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 29 08:52:50 EST 1995

>  Also study martial arts and I believe that is one reason why a clear mind
> is stressed. The movements are learned as an active form of meditation
> (alpha state again).  Lose that in an incident, lose your knowledge of how
> to react.  Unfortunately, we do applied stuff and not "research" so the type
> of stuff I publish doesn't take this tangent.

Rudy,
That's why it's a good idea to do plenty of sparring in addition to
forms.  Of course, even in sparring, you're not really trying to kill
your opponent, who quite likely is a friend anyway.  I suspect that's
why so many martial artist get piss-pounded in bar fights.  They get
up against some crazy whose 'alpha stat' is permanently aroused!
theo