Off Topic: julian cope/kraut rock

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Wed Nov 29 12:07:59 EST 1995

i picked up julian cope's latest album "20 mothers"
from the radio station the other day and it is pretty cool
it is a mix of pop and more psychedelic songs -20 in all!
since it was a promo it came with a biography page that
talks a lot about what he's been up to lately.
aparrently he haswritten a book on the krautrock scene
called -"krautrocksampler" which is billed as a "celebraion of the scene
that produced such bands as Faust,Can, Tangerine Dream, Neu, and Ammon
Duul I & II . anyone seen this? i'd like to check it out.
the album itself uses a lot of moog and other effects to groove out
his songs. its worth checking out if you like things like bevis fronds
more straightforward stuff and I thinks it is as good as the new sundial
- acid yantra.
-later mike psyche