Imaginos the Movie - Then read the topic headers (it do

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 29 13:32:15 EST 1995

> Hendrix - Don't agree the best was yet to come.  His last recordings lagged
> in sales.   Paul mentioned he outgrew the Experience as backup, but what
> would jazz do to correct this?  People couldn't keep up with Jimi because
> they lacked his "vision," not because they were limited by rock.  For all
> you know he would have started making random noises that no one but him
> would understand and just figure that it was such great jazz improv.  This
> emperor has no clothes!
>
> Hey can we all start posting this way - This posting style is common on many
> lists.  My mail software doesn't automatically flag quotes, so it works for
> me.
>
> Rudy
I agree that the jury should stay out on Jimi.  I don't want to get
too moral, 'cause I've done (and still do, to some extent) my share
of partying, but some of the bios I've read make it clear that Jimi
was so wasted so often that I'm not sure he knew what he wanted.
Also, not all artist keep progressing.  Some hit a plateau and coast
from there.  Could be Jimi had taken things as far as he could.  Look
at all of Clapton's efforts, pretty hit or miss, though I don't think
he ever had the creative flair like Jimi.

change topic
I just picked up a near-mint copy of 'Spectres' vinyl for 2 bucks.
Not a cut-out, and with orig. chronos sleve and chronos on label.
Too much.  I've been listening to this the last 2 days, and it makes
me all the more sad that Joe and Al are gone from BOC.  That album
has them all over it.  Also, Joe seems to get ignored on BOC-L, and
it shouldn't be so.  He's a great bass player and vocalist, and
contributed some excellent songwriting.  I believe it can still be
BOC with the 3 remaining, but the band is immeasurably better with
the killer Bs.
theo