Imaginos Images...

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 29 14:12:15 EST 1995

>Roger,
>welcome to BOC-L.  A STrat is a Fender!
>theo

yes, by definition...

then there are others that model the Strat eg the Washburn Strat...

but da Strat we is talkin about is the real thing! : }

now, a Q for those who are really knowledgable about Strats:
I went to a music store some time ago to check out a Strat (among the ones he
had : a Stevie Ray Vaughn signature series <very nice! I think he wanted like
$1200 for it>, a Strat in some kind of red that he claims  Fender doesn't use
anymore <this is the one I wanted, about $600...but the guy weirded out or
somethin' and said it wasn't for sale etc etc>, the Squires <about
$150...played pretty good, made in Korea>, and the Washburn Strats I played
were pretty decent <around $300>) and the guy said that in the 70s Fender was
trying to cut back on costs by only putting 3 screws (in a triangular
fashion) where the neck attaches to the body...he told me to stay away from
these Strats because they will go out of tune all the time...so the Q is, are
there any other known problems with the Strats that I should be aware of?

ROBO