BÖC/Weird Al

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Nov 29 20:30:22 EST 1995

Anyone ever catch the Weird Al Yankovic sequence where he's trying to prove
that "the greatest songs of rock and roll were written by ancient
astronauts".  It was on a sequence of "Al TV" which can be found on his
"Compleat Al" tape available at most Blockbusters.  After presenting
circumstantial evidence in other albums (* see below), he pulls out final
damning piece of evidence, Blue =D6yster Cult's "Agents of Fortune".  He
proceeds to play DFTR, and all sounds okay.  Then he plays it backwards, and
the following (obviously  faked) is heard over the backwards noises:

"Hello.  We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the ancient
astronauts who helped us on this album.  Thank you.  Oh, thank you.  Thanks
a lot.  Thank you... we couldn't have done it without you.  thank you, thank
you " (repeat thank yous until fade)...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
(if anyone's interested, here is the other circumstantial evidence he=
 presented)

 (Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" cover matches a starchart, Beatles "White Album"
says "Thanks Bob" on the back, and Bob was a famous ancient astronaut, Pink
Floyd's "Umma Gumma" really means "we're running out of ideas for good
songs, help us", and claiming that Led Zepplin's "Houses of the Holy" looks
like a flying saucer when you put a scoop of cottage chese on the center)
Roger Shrubstaff
Chancellor
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands