Multiple Topics & Stuff

Robert Kohl rkohl at STATE.DE.US
Thu Nov 30 07:57:15 EST 1995

The doctor waxes poetic:

1. As much as I respect John (and John, I really do), I have to vote for
multiple topics.  For someone like me in digest mode, it is easier for me to
send one message with all my thoughts in it, since I've read all of the
previous days' messages.  So, on to the next subject.

2. Bert writes:
>>>stuff deleted<<<
I dunno, I always think of Dr. Bob from the Muppets Veterinarian's Hospital
fame... :-)
>>>stuff deleted<<<
So, how is Ernie doing these days, Bert?  <smiley face would be here if it
weren't against my principles>

3. Rudy writes about Hendrix:
>>>stuff deleted<<<
People couldn't keep up with Jimi because they lacked his "vision,"
>>>stuff deleted<<<
They also lacked his variety of drugs.

4. An observation here:  Recently, I've seen way too many smiley faces,
IMHOs, and other politically correct stuff here.  Now class, we musn't
misbehave or Dr. Bob will make you sit on your CPU and write on the wall 100
times "I will not use smileys in BOC-L, or I will go straight to hell."

5. Back to #1, an additional thought about multiple topics:  When you have a
list that is so damn specific, there is only so much you can talk about
without repeating yourself.  So, I personally don't mind all the off-topic
stuff because just think how boring things would be if every message had to
focus solely on BOC.  As new people join up, there is naturally going to be a
repetition of topics.  I look at it as new opportunities for the doctor to
strike.

-Dr. Bob (There are 2 kinds of sports--MOTORsports and minor sports)
rkohl at state.de.us