A conversation with Bolle

Thu Nov 30 08:33:39 EST 1995

Ah, it's been too long since I've had a large phone bill - meaning I
haven't talked to Bolle (and if anyone says, "Who's Bolle?" go read
the FAQ) so we chatted for over an hour last night.  Here are some
various bits of information which might be of interest to some BOC
fans:

Morning Final #13 is currently "in progress" - it will include the next
installment of the Les Braunstein interview.  Also, Bolle may be holding
a fanclub auction in either MF 13 or 14.

Bolle hasn't been able to see all the cool BOC web pages yet, as he
has a rather archaic (state of the art from 1986) computer at the
moment.

Rumor has it that Buck may release some very cool audio tracks in the
future.  Stay tuned for further details.

A new BOC release is very likely for 1996, but probably not on a major
label.  Several tracks (4 or 5) are essentially complete - don't ask
me which ones as I didn't ask.  But Bolle also indicated that there
are probably 3 other songs that are being worked for it currently.  And
a few additional tracks are probably yet to be written.

Bolle basically confirmed my belief about the release of BOC rarities
in the future by Sony may be tied to the success of WotT.  The number
he quoted was 100,000 that had to be sold within some timefram (don't
know what the timeframe is).  So, I wish to repeat to all of you who
hope that future BOC tracks (SFG stuff, tracks worked up but left off
albums, etc.) are released -- go out and buy WotT:  if not for yourself,
then get it as a Christmas present for a friend or relative.

Finally, as a public service to Bolle, I'll mention two items that he is
looking for.  If anyone knows where to get them, or has a copy that they'd
be willing to trade with him, contact him at the fanclub address.  The
two items are:

1.  Big Country 7" vinyl single - don't know what the A-side is, but
the B-side is presumably a cover of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"

2.  Cover of "ME-262" done by the band, The Tommyknockers.  This may be
on a punk compilation entitled, "In Celebration of the Death of Vinyl"

John