Off Topic: julian cope/kraut rock

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Thu Nov 30 11:03:00 EST 1995

This Krautrocksampler sounded interesting, so I popped into Virgin this
lunchtime and bought a copy - seven pounds ninety-nine for a slim(ish)
paperback, but (a) I don't suppose it's exactly mass-market and (b) you
get lots of cool colour reproductions of album covers.

The book itself consists of a brief histroy of Krautrock, followed by
Cope's (very sound, as far as my knowledge goes) list of 50 top Krautrock
albums, with a review of each.

I've not read the whole thing by any means, but it's written with obvious
intelligence and an infectious enthusiasm for the topic, and I'd say it's
a good reference and an excellent introduction.

- Andy

ObArtExhibit: Damien Hirst - "Mother and Child Divided"