Multiple Topics & Stuff

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Thu Nov 30 11:22:00 EST 1995

Bob Kohl irritatingly says

> 5. Back to #1, an additional thought about multiple topics:  When you
> have a
> list that is so damn specific, there is only so much you can talk about
> without repeating yourself.  So, I personally don't mind all the
> off-topic
> stuff because just think how boring things would be if every message
> had to
> focus solely on BOC.  As new people join up, there is naturally going
> to be a
> repetition of topics.  I look at it as new opportunities for the doctor
> strike.

We've never had much of a problem until recently; with both bands having
25+ years of history, and multiple spin-offs and related bands, there's
bookloads of stuff to be written.  But I'm getting fucking fed up with
irrelevant  threads about which guitar widget is best, musicians that
(whatever their other merits) have bog-all to do with either BOC or
Hawkwind, comics, and Adrian Brevard's urinary problems.  Can we try to
stay more or less on topic, and limit our numbers of posts?  Please?

Oh, and if you want to raise awareness of an off-topic item, then the way
we do it is with an "Ob" at the end of the mssage.  That way it doesn't
intrude.

Oh, and we've several members with doctorates and other higher degrees.
They don't feel the need to flaunt their qualifications.

Winge complete.

- Andy