HW Tour Books: how available are they?

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Thu Nov 30 12:08:08 EST 1995

       Being a True Kollector of all things Hawkwind, I've picked up about
       half of the Tour Books shown in the "Collectors Guide".  The
       obvious implication is that I cannot rest until I have all of them.
       My question is probably directed more towards the UK contingent,
       but is open to any with info.

       How common are the old HW Tour Books?  Do they show up pretty
       regularly at record shows or in Record Collector?  If so, which
       ones are more common, and what prices should one expect to pay?

       Only twice have I ever seen HW tour books come up for sale in
       Goldmine, and one of those is a company in England that regularly
       advertises in RC.  The US prices I have seen are typically $20-25
       each for the early eighties books, with $30-40 for "Choose Your
       Masques".

       Do HW tour books from the early seventies ever surface?

       Finally, <hold my breath> is there anybody out there interested in
       parting with any HW tour books that I may not have yet?

       All responses public & private are appreciated.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at ccmail.sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com