A conversation with Bolle - WoTT Sales Expectations are out of line.

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Thu Nov 30 15:40:00 EST 1995

>From John Swartz

>Rumor has it that Buck may release some very cool audio tracks in the
>future.  Stay tuned for further details.

Twould be neat if it happens.

>A new BOC release is very likely for 1996, but probably not on a major
>label.  Several tracks (4 or 5) are essentially complete - don't ask
>me which ones as I didn't ask.  But Bolle also indicated that there
>are probably 3 other songs that are being worked for it currently.  And
>a few additional tracks are probably yet to be written.

Maybe four or five is enough.  Though I don't know what they are called or
how they are classified I have seen several CD's out there having 4-5 tracks
on them.  Just bring it on already Oysterboys.

>Bolle basically confirmed my belief about the release of BOC rarities
>in the future by Sony may be tied to the success of WotT.  The number
>he quoted was 100,000 that had to be sold within some timefram (don't
>know what the timeframe is).  So, I wish to repeat to all of you who
>hope that future BOC tracks (SFG stuff, tracks worked up but left off
>albums, etc.) are released -- go out and buy WotT:  if not for yourself,
>then get it as a Christmas present for a friend or relative.

This dosen't sound too promising.  You have to question Sony's marketing
sense.  I bought my copy of WoTT and enjoy it, but a 100,000 copies?  Why
the hell did they throw 3 pak out there escpecially after WoTT had been on
the shelves for less than a month?  That offering has to dig into the
potential sales of WoTT.  Do they expect new fans to buy both?  How much
money do they truly think is out there?  This is absurd.   I'm sure WoTT has
probably sold in pretty good numbers but that is a ludicrous expectation.
 Better for WoTT not to meet Sony's targets and convince them to sell the
rare stuff to someone else (with reasonable expectations) for publishing.
 Damn this pisses me off.  BTW did Bolle have any details into current WoTT
or 3 Pak sales numbers?

>Finally, as a public service to Bolle, I'll mention two items that he is
>looking for.  If anyone knows where to get them, or has a copy that they'd
>be willing to trade with him, contact him at the fanclub address.  The
>two items are:

>1.  Big Country 7" vinyl single - don't know what the A-side is, but
>the B-side is presumably a cover of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"

>2.  Cover of "ME-262" done by the band, The Tommyknockers.  This may be
>on a punk compilation entitled, "In Celebration of the Death of Vinyl"

Never heard of #1, but I think I've seen item 2 here.  Will check again to
make sure.
>John

AB