Multiple Topics & Stuff

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 30 13:19:04 EST 1995

>> 1. As much as I respect John (and John, I really do), I have to vote for
>> multiple topics.  For someone like me in digest mode, it is easier for me
>> send one message with all my thoughts in it, since I've read all of the
>> previous days' messages.  So, on to the next subject.
>
>I'm with John on this one. If the topic changes or if it goes off-topic,
>then it's no big deal to change the header of the e-mail. If you're
>replying to a digest and including various things, then why not just flag
>this by adding "(various)" to your header.

I think this could be a possible solution...this goes back to the thread a
few months ago about HW posts coming to my mailbox, simply because the "HW:"
prefix was not being inserted in the subject line...while some thought it was
a way to get everyone involved in the conversation, it wouldn't work for me
anywho cuz I know next to nothing about HW, and this forum gives me the
option to subscribe to the posts of my interest (for the most part)...

did we get a clear answer on this? alot of EMail programs will insert the
"RE:" prefix in the subject line, thus a "RE: BOC:" would then be in the
subject line...does this foil the filter and does the filter only work if the
"BOC" is in the prefix or can it be anywhere in the subject line?

ROBO