A conversation with Bolle

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Thu Nov 30 13:44:29 EST 1995

>When I saw Bolle he played me the following tracks which I assumed were
>completed studio versions:
>
>I'd Like to See You in Black
>The Power Underneath Despair
>Still Burnin'
>Harvest Moon

I would assume that another song would be the Cold Grey Light of Dawn, which
is a good tune until you get to the chorus (whose lyrical content could be
seen a mile away)...

>Although some of the folks here have been critical of the lyrical content
>of the first two songs in the above list, it has to be said that they do
>rock. And Harvest Moon is fab. Er, I mean it "rules" and other
>rock-speakisms.

the lyrical content of the 1st 2 songs in the list aren't really that
bad...one can blame  John Shirley, the author of the lyrics...lyrically, as I
stated above, Cold Grey Light of Dawn is the song that suffers ...but, that
is just MHO : } {# %} { ^ :

~| )  The Elefont Man
<`L

and furthermore, it's great to hear something substantial on a new BOC album!

"we're pain, we're steel, a plot of knives"

ROBO