Area S4

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Mon Oct 2 13:09:00 EDT 1995

It's out!  On CD digipak and 12" ep.

I got the vinyl for the extra track.  Beware!  It says 45rpm, and should
say 33...  "Alien I Am" sounded very weird indeed until I twigged!

OK, what do you get:

Side 1

Alien (I Am) The Roswell Edit - Brock
Sputnik Stan - Davey

Side 2

Death Trap - Brock/Calvert
Wastelands - Brock
Are You Losing Your Mind? - Brock/Davey/Chadwick/Tree (yep, they've
stiffed Simon God on the credits again.  Oh well)

My idiosyncratic review:

Alien I Am - this has a nice, big, riff, and will be AWESOME live.  Brock
lead vocals too!  Sputnik Stan - It's an Alan Davey track, so of course
it's got the rolling, relentless bass mixed well to the fore - bit like
"LSD".  Another one made to be played live.  High marks for both of
these, especially Alien I Am, which I predict will go down very well with
most of boc-l.

Death Trap - didn't like this version, seemed rather leaden, and as for
Ron Tree's vocals, well, less said the better...  Wastelands is pretty
much as heard on _The Business Trip_, as is The Iron Dream, except for
the infamous "silicon chip" vocals, which to my mind are not an
enhancement.

- Andy