BOC: WOTTmish mosh

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Mon Oct 2 18:29:00 EDT 1995

Well has everybody had their say on WOTT yet?  I am not going to make one of
my mega posts but just some random comments.

Die hard fans seem real depressed about this release.  Why?  We all knew
from the beginning Sony was only doing this for a few bucks and not to
promote the band; would it make sense to put out vintage SWU/SFG material
under the bands name when this stuff has never been released before?  Does
the band currently play any of these songs?  The answer my friends is NO.
 This set is intended for old BOC fans who have not converted to cd, or
whose interest in the band has been rekindled.  It is also meant for a few
dozen people who are hearing the band for the first time as they criss cross
the country on the night club circuit.  This is who WOTT was made for.  As
far as the inaccuracies in the liner notes well lets say Sony took some
creative license to hype the band to unkowns.  Anyone who has been on this
service or who bothers to read MF or the FAQ would know that most of what is
contianed in the notes is incorrect.

Song selection.  Does anyone remember the poll run by Robert (Torgo) Sedler?
 Do you remember the results?  Favorite songs and records were mixed, we
could not garner a consensus of the forty or so BOC fans on this service.
 Unless it was a true box set no one is going to be happy with whats
included and ommitted.

I do agree with John that if this package sells to Sony's expectations Sony
just may be willing to release some more.  What I do not agree with is that
Sony will give us the SWU/SFG stuff as the majority of the set.  I think it
will be another two cd set with some of the omissions and possibly four or
five new songs.  SWU/SFG stuff is just not going to sell to a level where
Sony will realize a profit.  Hopefully they can put a few of these songs on
it but do not hold you breath.

Finally, I too hope Al is receiving his just financial reward for his long
service and serious contributions to the band.  Does anyone know the total
sales figures of BOC?  I recently heard that AC/DC has sold over 80 million
records in its career.  I doubt that BOC has done this well but I would be
greatly suprised if the number is less than 20 million.  Well John as editor
of the FAQ can you find the number for us.

AB