BOC: WOTT mish mosh, remastering..

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Mon Oct 2 18:34:00 EDT 1995

>Ideally, the BOC back-catalog deserves the re-mastering effort, along with
>the restoration of the original liner notes/photos. 20-bit mastering would
>be nice (hell, start mastering _all_ CD's with the 20-bit thingamabobby;
>can't cost any more to do it than normal 16-bit. And just how many of you
>have a 20-bit CD player, anyhoo???), but 24k gold would just raise the
>price.  And promote the remasters! Let 'em ride along on the coat-tails
>of WotT! Get a "rarities" CD out of the SWU/SFG material, the GTDTW versoin
>of "Bucks' Boogie", the "live in '72" EP un-altered/sequenced, the B-sides
>of the Euro "BFY", whatever else is in the crypts! Give us fans something
>to buy and to enjoy (I _might_ have bought WotT if there was a cleaned-up
>version of LDoM on it, but there isnt...)

Perhaps the next release, if there is one from Sony, will take advantage of
the 20 bit technology.  Whether there is a large amount of overhead for this
or not don't look for Sony to do the rare stuff, there just isn't a market
for it.  Not slapping my own face, I bought Wott at first sight and I would
buy the rare stuff if it was on the shelf, however there are not enough of
us out here to make Sony's efforts on the rare stuff finacially viable.  I
had questioned this a long time ago when I wondered how do you market music
thats almost thirty years old played by a band that performs in clubs and
invokes a "who?" from the younger generations.

AB

five in the cd player recently:

Caught in The Act - Grand Funk Railroad
Stages - Triumph
Double Trouble Live - Molly Hatchet
Call of The Wild - Amboy Dukes (w/ Ted of course)
Once Bitten - Great White