WOTT I think...

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 3 13:26:56 EDT 1995

>Cities On Flame: I've heard this song too many times. I suppose it had to b
>included though. Its the definative BOC song. Albert's vocals sound fine to
>me...
>
>Transmaniacon MC: Glad they included this one. One of my all time favorites.
>Unlike Albert, I find Eric's vocal just fine on this one.
>
>Buck's Boogie: The OYFOYK version would've been better.
>
>Workshop of the Telescopes: All I can say is, yech! If they had to include
>this, why couldn't they have at least used the original version. Talk about
>bad Eric vocals... He sounds like Bill Murray's old "Bad Night Club Singer"
>act from SNL.
>
>Bored to be Wild: yawn....
>
>Kick Out The Jams/We Gotta Get Out of This Place: Even though these are
>covers, I'm glad they put them in.. I've always enjoyed them.
>

>Who picked the songs? The band? Sony? I made my own 'Best of' tape years ago
>which I still listen to and only about three WOTT songs are on it...
>
>        _
apparently Sony picked the songs from what I understand...I'm also trying to
understand that this is a "Greatest Hits" package, not a "Classic Cult"
collection, where the Classics collection would include hardcore stuff such
as Lips In the Hills or I'm On the Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep...

However, if it is a greatest hits package, there are some inconsistencies
with it...

* Why would you put 3 songs from the Bootleg EP on there and not the 4th
(Cities on Flame)?  Doesn't make sense...

* why was Transmaniacon MC on here?  was it included because BOC played it as
an opener in concert?  How do they justify including Trans MC and excluding
Last Days of May, OD'd On Life and Hot Rails To Hell?

* Born To Be Wild is a "B" side?  so were live versions of Telepaths, Dr
Music and Vengeance...

* And again to repeat the omission of Imaginos tracks...the hype in the
booklet but no tracks...an obvious omission being the Stephen King intro to
Astronomy...

I said before that I thought the track selection on here was pretty good...it
still is, but I think that the CD set would've made alot more sense
(conceptually anyway) to say "OK, we're going to issue a double-CD set of all
the BOC singles, B sides and EPs and put them all in one collection"...
w/ that in mind, the collection would've contained:

Cities On Flame (From the bootleg EP)
Last Days of May*
OD'd On Life*
Hot Rails To Hell
Career of Evil (the single version)
Debbie Denise (B side to Summer of Love)
Tattoo Vampire (B side to Reaper)
Searchin' For Celine (B side)
I Love The Night
Nosferatu (B side)
R. U. Ready 2 Rock  (B side)
Your Not The One (I Was Looking For)
Moon Crazy (B side)
Mirrors
Lonely Teardrops (B side)
Divine Wind (B side)
Fallen Angel
Lips In The Hills (B side)
Heavy Metal: The Black and Silver (B side)
Feel The Thunder (B side)
Dragon Lady (B side)
White Flags
Deadline
Joan Crawford
Sole Survivor
Dr. Music (live B side)
Flaming Telepaths (live B side)
Roadhouse Blues
Eyes on Fire
Make Rock Not War
Astronomy (with the Stephen King intro)
In The Presence of Another World
Magna of Illusion

* the FAQ does not list these songs as singles, but they should be included
on the CD set anywho...

there would be some songs on there that I would skip over:  Make Rock Not War
is a good example, but at least this CD set would have a concept and stay
within those guidelines...songs like Reaper and Zilla I would like to hear
unreleased live versions of, instead of hearing the studio version of Reaper
and Zilla over and over again...

w/ the inclusion of the above songs, you could have a set that could easily
be 4 discs...

ROBO