USA HW Newsletter: Strange Trips

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Tue Oct 3 20:00:16 EDT 1995

       Just got my HWFB (same one Jill reported on a while back), and
       Brian Tawn included a special insert.  The complete text is:

       <<<<
       Hello again...Talk about cutting it fine!  I'd mailed the British
       and European newsletters and most of the overseas copies.  I'd
       addressed the USA envelopes and was just about to add the
       newsletters when the mail arrived, bringing me the following
       information.

       Jim Lascko, 4485 W. 130th Street, Cleveland OH 44135, USA is to
       start a new North American Hawkwind newsletter (!!).  It is to be
       called Strange Trips and has the full support of the band.

       Obviously, Hawkwind Feedback will still be mailed to the USA, but
       you can take it from me that Jim is one of the good guys, full of
       enthusiasm, and if you live in the USA you'd be advised to send him
       an sase.

       Best, Brian.

       Coincidentally the very same day, I received the latest "Tentacles
       of Erpland" (Ozrics fan club newsletter), and it also contained a
       mention of the new HW newsletter.  Essentially it was just the
       names/addresses above, on a full-page splash.

       Sounds like we need to get some SASE's going to these folks.  I
       think (more info appreciated) that Jim Lascko is/was/used to be
       running the American "Church of Hawkwind" in Cleveland.  Never did
       know what that was, but it sure sounded good.  Strangest, I heard
       they are no longer allowed to call themselves "CoH" anymore. (Could
       there be more than one already???  ;-)

       Captain Cloud