[HW] What the heck is this??!!

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Oct 4 08:57:38 EDT 1995

> David asks:
>
> > I just saw something called the Nuclear Waste Tin filed in the Sting
> > section.  Check out the lineup!  Sting, Steve Hillage, Nik Turner,
> > Mike Howlett, etc!  What on earth is this thing?  It was all I could
> > do to keep from grabbing it, but it was $18.  Anyone volunteer to buy
> > it from me if I buy it and hate it? :-)
>
> This again! :)
>
> I can only presume that this is the same item as the "Nuclear
> Waste"/"Digital Love" 7" recorded by "the Radio Actors" and released on
> the Charly label in 1979.  Both were written by Harry Williamson.

CHOMP!

This was done in '79? I bought the sucker (@ Best Buys for $12.99) but
did not see any indication of the recording date onnit. Have to look closer.
There are several more tracks on the CD than just the two above. The
personel lineup does jibe, however, so it must be the same thing,

Haven't played the beastie yet, so no comment on the music. Did find the
new Spiral Realms for $11.99 and it seems quite nice. Also got the Floyd
tribute disk that has a number of HW alumni & friends onnit (Turner, Creed,
Pressurehed & Farflung) for a measly $16.99 for two CD's!

> It's OK, you may not feel you need it if you've already got _Pass Out_ or
> _Prophets of Time_, both of which have versions (although _PoT_'s dub
> version is retitled "Strontium 90" and nefariously recredited to Turner).
>
> Seems like a rip-off at $18 - someone has no doubt spotted a "collector's
> item" in the making and dressed it up with enough packaging to "justify"
> the ludicrous asking price.  Boycott such profiteering!
>
> - Andy

Go to Best Buys if you must have it!

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company