WOTT I think...

Matthew Braun mbraun at HYDRA.URBANA.MCD.MOT.COM
Wed Oct 4 10:45:20 EDT 1995

Rob Maerz <ROBODUDE at AOL.COM> writes:
>However, if it is a greatest hits package, there are some inconsistencies
>with it...
Yes...

>I said before that I thought the track selection on here was pretty good...it
>still is, but I think that the CD set would've made alot more sense
>(conceptually anyway) to say "OK, we're going to issue a double-CD set of all
>the BOC singles, B sides and EPs and put them all in one collection"...
>w/ that in mind, the collection would've contained:
>
>Cities On Flame (From the bootleg EP)     Fallen Angel
>Last Days of May*                         Lips In The Hills (B side)
>OD'd On Life*                             Heavy Metal: The Blk and Slr(B side)
>Hot Rails To Hell                         Feel The Thunder (B side)
>Career of Evil (the single version)       Dragon Lady (B side)
>Debbie Denise (B side to Summer of Love)  White Flags
>Tattoo Vampire (B side to Reaper)         Deadline
>Searchin' For Celine (B side)             Joan Crawford
>I Love The Night                          Sole Survivor
>Nosferatu (B side)                        Dr. Music (live B side)
>R. U. Ready 2 Rock  (B side)              Flaming Telepaths (live B side)
>Your Not The One (I Was Looking For)      Roadhouse Blues
>Moon Crazy (B side)                       Eyes on Fire
>Mirrors                                   Make Rock Not War
>Lonely Teardrops (B side)                 Astronomy (with Stephen King intro)
>Divine Wind (B side)                      In The Presence of Another World
>                                          Magna of Illusion

(Excuse me folks, while I sling a bit of mud... :-) 's just a hobby...)

There's only one problem with this track selection: as a BOC member, you'd
have to acknowledge that the Bouchard Bros. were in the group, and are no
longer.  The current WOTT track selection is close to being Bouchard-free,
at least in the vocals department.  By introducing Debbie Denise, Tattoo
Vampire, You're Not The One, Fallen Angel, and the 3 Imaginos tracks, you'd
have to face the ubiquitous "Where are Al and Joe?" question some more...
(Not to mention possibly put a bit of green into their pockets--green that
could be yours if you put your own tracks on the CD.)

(Sorry--I'll stop now.)

I'll agree that even my best conspiracy theory still doesn't account for
the omission of "Then Came The Last Days Of May".

Personally, I don't think any BOC collection is even close to complete
without that track, "Death Valley Nights" and "Morning Final".

                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.mcd.mot.com-+--Experiments that failed too many times -----BOC+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    Transformations that were too hard to find   |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre | Poison's in my bloodstream, poison's in my pride|
+---Special Projects Team---+--- I'm after rebellion, I'll settle for lies----+