BOC Stalk Forrest Group

Mr R Sapiano GBGENAC1 Corp Risks UK (Prop) gbga1j7g at IBMMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 5 10:23:11 EDT 1995

Charles the Grinning Boy murmured in the background:

>Along these lines: Does anyone remember the "Potatoland" album by Spirit?
>It remained unreleased for years and the Beggars Banquet (in the UK) acqiured
>the rights and released it. There was even a release Potatoland campaign,
>complete with badges. The O band even released a version of one of the songs.
>Why can't someone do the same with SFG????
>I think it should be released *complete* as an entity on it's own like any
>other(BOC) complete, non compilation, album.
>Anyone else got any thoughts?

If anybody out there has the time and inclination to create an SFG pressure
group that would be great.  Any volunteers?

What are the chances of success though?  The album is 25 years old, under a
different name and from a band that are sadly on the way out.  How many people
are aware of the existence of the material?  And would they care once they were
told?

These questions would have to be addressed, seriously and objectively.  I
sincerely hope that someone can convince pessimists like me that it IS worth a
try - I would love a decent recording of the album, without all the hissing
that mine has.  It is genuinely a very good album, and you don't have to be a
die-hard nut to appreciate it - you just need to dig psychedelic music.

I was away when the Directory was compiled, so I don't know how many BOC fans
are on this list - but how many of you would buy the SFG album if it were
released?  That might be a initial gauge for the viability of any campaign -
because, quite frankly, if WE wouldn't buy it then no-one would.

For sanity's sake, tho, don't post a load of ayes and nays to the list - send
them to me direct (or whoever the current list-loudmouth is) and the good/bad
news can be shared by all in one go.

Alternatively, anyone with a reasonably good copy of it could break all-known
copyright laws and do us all a copy of it - for a charge of course.  ;-)

Ciao

Richard
London
<gbga1j7g at ibmmail.com>