Another Bolle $0.02

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 5 10:24:10 EDT 1995

Another pearl from Bolle on AOL.

Subj:  WOTT
Date:  95-10-05 03:27:48 EDT
From:  TUBULAR 1

My final words on this. A neat CD compiled to introduce new fans to the
phenomenon (or is that phenomena as Don Kirshner once asked Eric...) of Blue
Oyster Cult. It was not compiled for us hard core fans at all. We already
have all this material (hopefully). They did go outside the usual format and
threw in a few good bits and pieces. The Booklet is a fun collectible, kinda
like some old Tour program only much smaller in size. I only personally wish
it were in colour all the way. We get 3 out of the 4 trax off the old
Official Bootleg EP, upgraded in sound quality. Born To Be Wild, old single
version from 1975. The band used to refer to this as their "I Heard It
Through The Grapvine" version of Born To Be Wild. Nice vocal chorous on this
track, and had Martin Birch produced it, it may even have been a contender
for a great Heavy Metal single attempt...Oh well...
The Live take of We Gotta Get Out Of This Place is the one right take from
the Vinyl version. the Newcastle show. As you may have noticed the SEE CD has
the Edinburg take on it.. or more commonly known as Murray Krugman's mix
choice through my MF article on the CD subject. So, in alles, we have 5 songs
not previously available to us on CD. not too shabby in my opinion, The rest
of the set is based on Singles releases. I am only puzzled as to why the
actual singles versions weren't featured instead of the album cuts
representing those singles.. Most of the singles in the 70s were edited for
airplay...Guitar solos were never accepted in radio play USA for whatever
non-profit making reasons the sponsors could think of... I assume it has to
do with Vocals needed at all times or the listener supposedly touches that
dial... Uh... as we all know, this is part of the reason why we all have our
remote controls nearby all the time, n'est cet pas?
BOLLE_!_?

That's all for now...

R.