Live Chronicles CDs

Lisa Quinn cp682 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU
Thu Oct 5 10:45:37 EDT 1995

Reply to message from fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK of Thu, 05 Oct

>Ah, you need the video of Chronicles......
>
>Actually I plan to get the new one from Visionary on CD-I. Would it be
>just as simple to translate this to PAL-NTSC as to PAL/VHS?
>
>> AB
>
>FoFP

You need a special VHS deck to do this. Or you need to take the
disk to a service bureau that will translate the disk from the PAL
signal to an NTSC signal. Just feeding a Pal signal to an NTSC
deck will not work. A transcoding VHS deck (which will set you back
about $5000) would be the correct tool for the job. A service
bureau will perform it for $25 to $50 per hour of tape. Pity
the tape is not being released as a VHS video. CD-I players are
not too popular in the USA.

Lisa

Lisa Quinn at cp682 at cleveland.freenet.edu