The list filters

Thu Oct 5 16:14:44 EDT 1995

I think perhaps some clarification (and a reminder) from our moderator
on the list filters would be in order.  I have the following questions:

1.  Do the filter names need to be the first words in the subject header?
For example, if I have a subject line like:  What is your favorite BOC
song?  Will it be properly filtered, or do I need to put:  BOC - What is
your favorite song?

2.  Do the filters need to appear in capital letters?

3.  A periodic reminder of the filters might be in order.  I believe
they are BOC, HW, BRAIN, NIK

4.  What about the "Other" filter?  Can one select to remove "Other"
messages, and if so, does this mean that all subjects that don't have
a filter name in them will not get to someone who removes "Other"?

5.  Could the filters have multiple names?  For example, shouldn't the
"BOC" filter work on messages with "BOC", "Blue Oyster Cult" (and maybe
WOTT?  ;-) ) in them?  Or, for it to work, must we specifically put
"BOC" in the subject line?

John (who's going to make an effort to use the filters from now on, as
soon as he's sure he understands how they work)