HW: Amon Duul II

Andrew Gilham emphyrio at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Mon Oct 9 09:49:00 EDT 1995

Chuck asks about:

> "Made In Germany" and "Still Alive" (I think that's the right

_Almost Alive_?  Quite nice, but it has the cleaner, later, sound (like,
_HiJack_ or _Pyragony X_) rather than the spacier early sound most fans
prefer.  _Made in Germany_ is a concept album (be still my beating
heart!) about being German - some very good stuff, it's rather a
transitional album form the earlier to later sound.  Has one of my
favourite lyrics: "Crawl round the blue grotto/Arm in arm with brother
Otto").

>   A few other scattered notes. Also seen "Flight Of The
> Lemmings" elsewhere, but it's kinda expensive... Looks
> interesting.

_Dance of the Lemmings_?  Brilliant, essential!

>   When was "Carnival In Babylon" released?

1972.

- Andy