HW: Amon Duul II

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Mon Oct 9 10:22:20 EDT 1995

>From: HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
>  Picked up "Vive La Trance" today; sounded okay after one
>cursory listen. This place has two more ADII albums available:
>"Made In Germany" and "Still Alive" (I think that's the right
>title). I wanna hear from the Duulists out there if these two
>are worth checking out? How do they compare to old stuff? (I
>have Phallus Dei, Wolf City, Carnival, Trace, of course.)

_Made In Germany_ was made while they were still good.  _Still Alive_
is from the "past their peak" period.  _Made In Germany_ was a double
album in Germany that got cut down to a single LP for American release.
The only CD issue I've seen was the single LP version.

>  A few other scattered notes. Also seen "Flight Of The
>Lemmings" elsewhere, but it's kinda expensive... Looks
>interesting.

"Flight Of The Lemmings"?  Do you mean _Dance Of The Lemmings_?  That's
another good one.  As for the expense, it is a double album.  There was
a compilation called _Lemmingsmania_ that contained a few rare tracks,
but I've never seen that on CD.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University