Music Industry Mysteries

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Thu Oct 12 01:46:00 EDT 1995

Dear BOC fans since there have been no additional threads on the mysterious
3cd package referenced in CDNow I have sent the following message to Sony
asking for some info.  Sony is showing this thing as Blue Oyster Cult - 3
Pak- Legacy Records C3K64806 and due to be released October 24th.  The
message to Sony is as follows:

"Dear Sirs:  Can you please provide some information on the upcoming Blue
Oyster Cult release
"3 Pak" Legacy C3K64806.  There is also something called "Tyranny &
Mutation" 7464-64806Z referenced by CDNow.  I find it a bit difficult to
believe that a second Blue Oyster Cult multiple cd release would be made so
close to Workshops of the Telescopes.  Please do not take this as a
complaint, if there is in fact another Blue Oyster Cult Release planned by
your company I plan on securing a copy of it as quickly as I did with
Workshops.

Regards

Adrian Brevard
Abrevard at shl.com"

Couple of points:

1.  ok so the message sounds like a "fanboy"

2. 10/24 release date is really strange.  Has Eyes said anything about it on
AOL?

3. The above E-mail address should be working again.  The address that
people are using now is fine but all of those messages are going through our
data center in Houston.

Finally, off topic, Gary Hoey's newest release was due in record stores
10/10.  Neither Best Buy or Kemp Mills received copies yesterday.  Best Buy
was expecting a cd called Ho Ho Hoey (Christmas Music in October?).  I
checked CD Now and they are showing two releases Ho Ho Hoey and another
simply titled Gary Hoey.  Anybody got a clue with whats going on?  Inquiring
off topic minds (namely mine) really want to know.

regards
AB