BOC 1976

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Oct 13 08:43:12 EDT 1995

Date sent:      Thu, 12 Oct 1995 20:37:59 -0700
Send reply to:  BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
From:           Skip Galvin <skipg at COMPUMEDIA.COM>
Subject:        Re: BOC 1976
To:             Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>

John writes:

"Some-what bad:  It would have been better if a few things had been edited
out on the disc as they are part of a concert experience that really
doesn't translate well to sitting at home in your living room by yourself
listening to it -- I'm talking about Eric's long-winded rant about drug
laws and the speed limit"

Ah, this is hilarious. I get a good laugh every time I hear it!
--Skip
I agree with Skip.  My main gripe with the inclusion of the
'Dominance' rap is that I've heard Eric do a lot better on numerous
other occasions.  Also, I believe 'Live 1976' Has merit in that it
presents several songs in an 'altered state,' reflecting their
evolution as live tunes.  For instance, 'Stairway' has a different
ending, 'Dominance' uses a different lead-in to the guitar solo,
'Harvester' has a different ending, etc.  These songs all differ from
their original studio versions, and some even from prior live
recordings.  Anyway, I brought it to work today to listen to on the
headphones, and I'll come up with a capsule review later.  Just watch
what's inside those capsules before swallowing...