Springfield video

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Oct 13 14:12:17 EDT 1995

Bernhard Pospiech writes:

> Hi Mike
>
> I'll post the video for you tomorrow (Friday)
>
> Hope you enjoyed the gigs.

Great!

> Could you send me some infos about the gigs?

I only got to glasgow but Gavin and Dave were at an unannounced gig in
Workington on the 11th where they played 110 minutes.

Gavin taped Glasgow at least.

Ron was mostly dressed as Puck or Harlequin. They had fire eaters and
fire jugglers as well as dancers in various "alien" suits. They also had
this neat robot at the side of the stage and fire braziers.

They opened with Deathtrap/Wastelands/Iron Dream and then played stuff
from the new album. I recognised Alien I Am and what must be Sex In
Space. There was another song that could well turn into a new
"Brainstorm" and they played various synth interludes which may be from
the new album. They also played Sputnik Stan at some point.

My memory is hazy from this period of the gig for some reason :-)

The gig really took off with an amazing rendition of Lord of Light
followed by an equally excellent Silver Machine which was played very
heavy on bass. Right To Decide got in there somewhere as did a really
excellent instrumental which reminded me a lot of "Seeing It As You
Really Are". After they wnt off at 105 minutes the crowd were really
wild for more and after some pretty loud stamping, clapping and chanting
they came on and played Hassan I Sabha and Welcome.

The film backdrop was space picture, spirals and stuff from a
bubblelight. They had a rotating light beam from each side of the stage
and three light spinners at the back which worked brilliantly as the
"Silvery light" on Lord of Light.

It looks like it's going to be the best tour since '92.

FoFP