pan review of '76

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Oct 13 10:57:19 EDT 1995

Date sent:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 08:10:28 -0400
Send reply to:  BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
From:           John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
Subject:        Re: pan review of '76
To:             Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>

Ted Jackson says:

Most of the objections centered upon poor sound quality and excessive
rambling by Eric and long drum and bass solos.  I have the disc and
am generally glad I got it.  The quality is better than a decent
bootleg, and there are some musical highpoints,

Well, if you want to go the bootleg route, there are 3 bootleg CDs of
BOC that I'm aware of that absolutely blow Live '76 away in terms of
sound quality.

But, for the hardcore collector, it probably is a must - and the only
CD that I know of (bootleg or otherwise) that has the "Mark II" version
of "5 Guitars" on it.

John
John, could you please give the names of the 3 above BOC bootlegs and
any hints on obtaining them?  I'm from the hinterlands, and no decent
music ever passes through this culture-free zone.  thnx mucho
ted