I want to see you in black

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 14 13:52:28 EDT 1995

>My guess is that BOC has refrained from releasing a CD on their own label
>for the following reasons:
>
>1. They don't have the $ to do this, or don't want to part with it (probably
>closer to the truth)
>2. They honestly believe a new deal with a major label is imminent (I'd
>like to believe this one too...)
>3. They feel this would somehow tarnish their image.
>
>By the way, when I refer to BOC here, this probably applies to their
>management (or lack thereof) as well.
>
>John

comments on #2 and #3: not to say that you're incorrect (since we're
speculating anywho), if BOC thinks a record deal is just around the corner,
then they've probly been thinkin that way for the past 7 years or so...
also, the image of the band is tarnished if they can't put anything on
vinyl...er, I mean CD...while I may not perceive BOC as "washed up" (although
they have had their better days), there are others that feel that BOC is
another "geezer" rock band destined for the Jurassic Park (On) Tour
Forever....
if BOC would be able to release some new material, I think that it would be a
killer CD...afterall, they've had all this time to perfect the songs...I'd
Like To See You In Black could possibly hit the pop charts...that tune is
HOT!

ROBO