BOC Albuquerque...

Brian R. Thacker bthacker at ALCOR.UNM.EDU
Sun Oct 15 02:32:42 EDT 1995

Well I just got back from my first BOC show and all things aside, it was
awesome (other than the fact it was like 50 degrees out, and the sound
crew just couldn't seem to get things right.  The voc's kept fading in
and out, while Buck's guitar solo's were only brought out about halfway
through them!.  It did seem to be quite short (only about hour and 15
minutes, but I'm used to playing in a ska band in dance clubs were we
half to do 2 hour sets), but the two new song they did were great. (I'd
Like to See You in Black, and Harvest Moon (which to me sounds like a
cross between stuff from Imaginos and The Red and the Black!).  Allen
Lanier did and awesome keyboard intro to Take Me Away.  I can't remember
the entire set, but then again it did seem a little short to me, IMHO.
Anyway, my first BOC concert was still a blast!

Brian R. Thacker                _________/  Never look at the trombones,
bthacker at mail.unm.edu          (_|_______\__________  it only encourages them.
Albuquerque, NM                          >_|_|______)      - Richard Strauss
Trombonist, Otis Reem