I want to see you in black

Mon Oct 16 08:26:40 EDT 1995

Albert Bouchard writes:

        Also putting out your own CD is not such a piece of cake. It doesn't
have to cost a fortune but it is a lot of legwork (writing, rehearsing,
recording, mixing, sequencing, mastering, artwork, layout, duplication,
mailings, etc.) not to mention coming up with 40-70 mnts of great material.
There are many steps along the way in which you can become discouraged.
        I read in the book "What the Buddha Taught" by Walpol Rahula that the
5th Hinderance is sceptical doubts and that scepticism can stop all forward
motion. I've always thought that Steve Schenck is one of the most sceptical
people I've ever known. I still think they need a new manager, either that or
they should each find another gig. Pearlman may have been crazy at times.
Maybe he wasn't so honest but at least he had some joy about him. He believed
in the possibilities. I still do.

And many of us are glad for it, Al!  Hope you keep cranking 'em out
for years to come.

Not to get too off topic here (but I will), but those are some
interesting observations regarding scepticism -- one of the things
I've been teaching to some people studying the martial arts is how
powerful the mind is, and how this works for you and against you.
In the case of working against you, it is very important to be able
to learn to go beyond what you mind tells you that you can't do,
and how defeating an opponent starts by eliminating any doubts in
your own mind about doing so, but instilling those doubts in your
opponent's.

Hmm...maybe the real reason there's no new BOC release is because
no-one believes it can be done?

John