HW: London/Wolverhampton?

Rob S etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Oct 16 15:20:12 EDT 1995

> >     I wouldn't leave too early. In '91 HW played two sets at
> >   the all-nighter, one at about 10pm and another at about 3-4am.
>
> Worth knowing -- but in '92 I got the running order from the box office
> earlier in the day, and HW were only down to do a single set.  We didn't
> leave straight after HW anyway: we wanted to catch the Aphex Twin and Test
> Dept., although both turned out to be rather boring.

.....but the lasers were great during Aphex Twin, weren't they?

> >   I'm really looking forward to seeing Radical Dance Faction again.
>
> Yes, I hear they've got their woman singer back.  I also want to find out
> what Porcupine Tree are like, and I expect Utah Saints will be quite
> danceable.  I don't think I know any of the other bands.

   Yep, saw RDF in April and they've got the original woman singer
  back, but all the musicians have changed again.

> What time are folks planning to be there?  I'm planning to be in London
> by 5.30 or thereabouts to dump my sleeping bag and stuff with the friend
> who's putting me up for the night.  So I could be in Brixton soon after 6.
> Shall we meet inside, or is it worth going to the Prince Albert first?

    I'm a bit lost as to the name of the pub, but if you go right out
  of Brixton Station and pass under the railway bridge, there is a
  pub on the right hand side. I should be in London about 4pm, but
  I've got to meet up with several friends who are coming from all
  directions so we'll probably end up in the pub about 5.30, too.

bye - Rob