BOC: Incorrect Expectations of WOTT\and 3pak mystery

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Mon Oct 16 16:34:00 EDT 1995

I was awake during the sermon John and I think the message on WOTT should
strike home by now.  There are however a couple of small related bits of
information which could shed some light on this subject as well as provide
some positive news for BOC fans on this list.

1.  One of our subscribers from Australia I believe recently talked about
how the WOTT release down under had been delayed.  The reason, strong sales
of WOTT in the US.  I would infer from this that WOTT had a fairly limited
pressing and that Sony's sales expecations of the package had been met or
perhaps exceeded.  Seems like John, myself and only a few others have
purchased WOTT so far yet the offering is being sold to someone.

2.  In case some of you do not know by now Tyranny & Mutation (CDNow) or
3Pak (On Sony On-line) has been exposed.  Tyranny and Mutation is the proper
name for this new set because it is a three pack of BOC, T&M and Secret
Treaties bundled together.  No word on if it has been digitally remastered
but more shocking is that the expected release date of 3 pak has been moved
up a week to October 17th.  I can get anyone of these cd's at Best Buy for
$7.88 each, Sony's bundled price will probably be a three for two retail
number.

Now many will not consider this good news but I think it is a positive for
the band.  Sony obviously feels there is a market for, at a minimum, the
original BOC material.  Die hards may not want re-issues and the like but
for Sony to move up the date for material thats already available on the
shelves shows that there is some type of market for BOC works that is just
now being tapped.  If the ownership issues regarding SWU/SFG music can be
worked out I think this increases the chance that we will  eventually be
able to get a hold of these works.

I'm waiting for a three pak of CE, Specters and AOF, since I don't have any
of them on cd as of yet.  If they can save me some money then my hats off to
Sony.

AB