BOC/Covers debate

C.E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 17 08:57:20 EDT 1995

> Someone tried to
> tell me once that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."  I don't buy
> it.  My point is that BOC is better than that.  I wouldn't be on this list if
> they weren't.

        Oh, well, imitation _is_ the sincerest form of flattery, but if
you are brilliantly original, then you don't need to flatter (unless you
want to).  Even if I was a brilliantly original and famous musician, I
might well occasionally do a "piece in the style of" simply because it
was fun, though.

        But it would be much too dangerous to haul up the old thread:
"Are BOC imitating themselves, thesedays?" .... ;)

Cheers,
Carl