Hawkwind Live

K_Barton at ENG.HUD.AC.UK K_Barton at ENG.HUD.AC.UK
Tue Oct 17 15:08:52 EDT 1995

On tue Oct 17 Scott Heller wrote :

----- Begin Included Message ----

       All I can say is you lucky BASTARDS!!! Getting to see HW... The set
       sounds good. I am curious about these new songs. How many does ROn
       sing or where they all ambient pieces? The ones you didn't know the
       titles of?

----- End Included Message -----

Ron sang lead vocals on Death Trap, Are You Losing Your Mind, Blue Skin, Robot, Lord Of Light, Silver Machine and Hassan I Sabbah.
He also provided the voices of the Alien and Sputnik Stan!

Blue Skin is classic Hawkwind with Ron adding a very Calvertesque feel to the song. Space Sex starts of as a nice ambient number, slowly building up into a song, getting heavier and heavier before rupturing orgasmically into ambient mode again.

All in all, from what I have heard on the tour, the new album has some absolute gems on it.

Stones and Krankschafts,  Keith