BOC CN Bashing

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Tue Oct 17 14:05:57 EDT 1995

>I think CN gets pounded, IMO, because it represents a stage where the
>band was fragmented.  Only 3 original members appear on the album,
>and a lot of material was written by 'outsiders.' I too like many of
>the songs, esp. 'perfect water.'  It's kind of a 'light' record.
>Maybe that alienated folks who lean more toward 'cities on flame'
>type material...
>theo

IMO it's a weak record and it is aimed at a Top 40 market...there are some
good tunes on it...Perfect Water is a great tune, and Buck's guitar work on
there is perfect...Beat Em Up, Make Rock Not War and When The War Comes
downright suck...White Flags is a pretty decent tune, and sounds alot better
live...
I think why I really dislike the album is the use of the keyboards on
here...they are too much in the forefront and make BOC sound more like
Michael Bolton...I guess if Allen were on the album, it would've sounded alot
better...

ROBO