BOC: Tour-Spiel

BRIAN HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Wed Oct 18 19:23:30 EDT 1995

        I picked up the Minutemen double live album "Ballot Result" over
mid-semester break.  It includes Tour-Spiel, the song that goes, "I dreamed
I was E. Bloom but I woke up Joe Bouchard..." played in Albuquerque 5/25/85.
Mike Watt takes the lead vocals and since this was actually a Black Flag show,
let BF's bassist handle the bottom line.  The song itself is good, but the
vocals are some of the worst I've ever heard (even for punk).  It's really
a shame.  Does anyone know if this song ever made a Minutemen studio album?
        BOC and "Al" Lanier (Allen?) are thanked on the album.  The rest of the
songs were pulled from varied sources (glorified boots to studio sessions) so
the quality varies.  I'd recommend this album to anyone who likes driving
bass lines, trebly guitar and can get past the awful vocals on some of the
tracks!

obcds> UO/Exit the Dragon, Tull/Roots to Branches

Brian
<Halligbt at bigvax.alfred.edu>