HW: Review - Chronicles of the Black Sword

Paul G Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Fri Oct 20 07:28:11 EDT 1995

On 19 Oct 95 Rudich, Robert A wrote about HW:  Review - Chronicles of
the Bla:

> Since I like this album a lot and it gives me a chance to rant about my
> favorite song, I wanted to pre-empt Paul.  (I really enjoy your reviews,
> Sound Killer, but you're setting the bar too high.  Thought I'd lower the
> standard.).  Take it with a grain of salt (for entertainment purposes only).

My standard isn't that high! Maybe I'm modest, but I cringe every
time I send a new one to the list (except Yuri ... I was smiling
then!)

I'll add your review (and any other's .... come on all you 'review
lurkers') to my WWW pages.

> Needle Gun starts off the 2nd side of the LP with stinging guitars and the
<SNIP>
>  Nasty guitar for heavy metal kids.  Turn it up full blast!

When I first got this LP, I thought it was the best thing they ever
did. I still like it, but it is WAY too 'commercial' I think.

> Sleep of a Thousand Tears is a tortured dream in full stereo sound.  An Ozzy
> quality to the vocals on this one.
>
> Chaos Army is a brief burst of the sounds of hell as it breaks lose.
>
> Horn of Destiny is a climactic song with several musical themes (what's
> new).  This song has a lot to like in it with every instrument having its
> moment.

These three make the album!

> For a non fan, this album is very approachable.  There is nothing extreme
> that only die hards and Dave's mother would like.

Absolutely!

Paul (kills WITH sound!)

--
Thought for the day:
    Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people

Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'          .---.  __  .--------   Long
R & D Manager, P & C Micro's Pty Ltd            /     \( o`-,  -----   may
mail: sonique at aardvark.apana.org.au            ////    '~ (    ---   they
http://aardvark.apana.org.au/~sonique/my.html /////// :    ; ---   Fly!